With spring in full swing I’m really enjoying the warmer days and longer sunny evenings. There are definite signs of summer just around the corner, so here’s our essential items to make May a real success for your travels.
1. It’s time to get set for the beach and I love these brilliant Bohemian Mandela print flip flops from Gandys – a company set up by two brothers who are on a mission to support fellow orphans around the world. Rob and Paul were orphaned in the 2004 boxing day tsunami in Sri Lanka and their company which now sells a range of cool beachwear and bags too, is the perfect way to look good and do good too.
£22.00 from www.gandyslondon.com
2. Designed for all GoPro cameras, the Trekker 1 from PolarPro is the ideal way to keep your kit safe on your travels. Rugged and water resistant it will look after your GoPro with its snug camera slot, and has plenty of space for all your cables. It also has a zipper pouch for memory cards and any extras you might require. As it is lightweight and slim too it can easily fit in your luggage and day bag.
$29.99 from www.polarprofilters.com
3. Bright colours are this summer’s trend in Stella Cove‘s range of beachwear and swimwear for little ones, and I really like their cover ups too. This lovely cotton kaftan is available for girls aged two to ten years, and there are plenty of rash vests, shoes and sunglasses to complete the look. Keeping safe in the sun is an essential and I really like that these clothes mix great design with protection against harmful rays.
$45 from www.stellacove.com
4. Filling up my memory card or losing my photos while I’m travelling is something that I’m always wary of. The Backup Plus Ultra Slim from Seagate is a great solution to ensure you’ve always got a copy of your valuable data, whether from your phone, PC or Mac. With various hard-drive sizes available and a tough, slim light design, you won’t notice that it’s even along for the ride. My 1TB version also includes two years’ worth of 200GB cloud storage too.
Prices from £54.99 from www.seagate.com
5. If you find yourself carrying your children’s luggage at the airport or along the street then check out Zinc Flyte! Their cases come with funky designs, like this Olivia the Owl and are combined with a scooter making for a fun way for little ones to travel. The bag compartment has a 25 litre capacity and is perfect for stowing away as cabin sized luggage, The scooter handle doubles up as the case handle, and it’s altogether sturdy and secure for an easy ride.
£69.99 from www.zincflyte.com
6. I always love looking back through my photos from our travels and the Big Fat Box from Cheerz is the absolute perfect way to keep treasured photographic memories alive. You can fill the box with up to two hundred polaroid style prints – it’s really lovely to sit down at the end of the day and dip into the box with my family and reminisce on our adventures.
£25.00 from www.cheerz.com
*This post may contain press samples