If we’re on one of our rare weekends at home, it’s great to serve up some tasty Asian food or grab an Indian takeaway particularly now as our children are coming around the the idea of eating spicier food. One dish we’ve started to make regularly at home is this Cauliflower Tikka Masala which is so delicious and easy to make. You’ll love rustling it up at home and it’s definitely one all the family can enjoy. It’s quick to put together and really tasty.
This Tikka Masala dish is easy to boost up, or drop down the spice levels depending on your preferences and is hearty and filling. You can really enjoy a big bowlful with delicious cauliflower and it’s a different way to enjoy tikka masala and encourage your children to start getting into curry too.
- 2 cauliflowers - cut into medium-sized florets
- 2 onions - finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 20g ginger -finely chopped
- 60g Tomato puree
- 40g fresh coriander
- 300ml full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ teasp ground coriander
- ½ teasp paprika
- ½ teasp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and gently fry the onion,ginger and garlic. Cook on a medium for a few minutes and take off the heat before they brown.
- Add the items along with the coconut milk, tomato puree and fresh coriander to a blender and mix until a fine sauce.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and mix in the spices.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for fifteen minutes, stirring regularly as the sauce thickens.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked remove from the heat and sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander
- Serve with poppadoms, naan bread and pilau rice.
Check out more of our travel inspired recipes here (we are adding a new recipe every Friday).
Like this post? Pin it here.