We are massive fans of Italy and travel there as often as we can. I’ve always said if I was on the run and couldn’t live in the UK then I would choose Italy, it is such a beautiful country with the warmest people and the best food. We love cooking up dishes inspired by our travels and this Tuscan spaghetti with sun-dried tomatoes has me almost feeling the warmth of the Tuscan sun on my face as I twirl spoonfuls of it.
We have had many family holidays in Tuscany and adore this region of Italy, famed for its olive oil and hill-top towns. We have stayed in a number of villas in this area, sitting outside as the sun sets across the green land, eating together as a family and enjoying the spectacular views.
This is a really easy supper dish that we all adore and is so quick to whip up but has all the feel-good ingredients of a true Italian dish.
Delicious Tuscan spaghetti with sun-dried tomatoes: Ingredients
- 350 grams of spaghetti
- 200 grams of fresh basil
- 60ml of olive oil
- 180 grams of sun-dried tomatoes
- Three cloves of garlic
- 60 grams of pine nuts
- 3 tsp of nutritional yeast
Delicious Tuscan spaghetti with sun-dried tomatoes: What to do
1. Place the spaghetti in a pan of boiling water and cook until al dente
2. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and most of the fresh basil and add to a blender.
3. Add 40 ml of olive oil to the blender with 50 grams of the pine nuts and the nutritional yeast
4. Blitz in the blender until you have a roughly chopped paste.
5. Add another 20 ml of olive oil and blend again
6. Add the pesto to the pasta and heat through stirring all the time.
7. Serve with the remaining basil, tomatoes and pine nuts sprinkled on the top.
Check out more of our travel inspired recipes here (we are adding a new recipe every Friday).